If a Male Vaporeon with Water Pulse was bred with a Female Vaporeon, the move would not be inherited
Head over to Darkshade’s official guide to see the groups in pretty detail, or use Bulbapedia(or other fan site) to look up specific Pokemon.
This aspect of breeding has pretty much remained unchanged from the handhelds. Assuming the two species are compatible(see Egg Groups), then the baby Pokemon will always be that of the mother. This will be the female parent in almost all cases, with the exception being breeding with Ditto, where the Ditto will be considered the mother, regardless of who the partner is. Ditto can breed with any species, including Genderless Pokemon, but excluding Undiscovered Pokemon and other Ditto. Again, see the Egg Group section for more details. There are some exceptions, which are due to two different species being a part of the same species chain. Illumise/Volbeat, Nidoran(f/m), etc.
- In the case of two Pokemon of the same species, quite obviously, the offspring will be that species.
- In the case of two different species of Pokemon, whichever species is female will be the species of the offspring e.g., a male Abra and a female Machop will produce a Machop.
- In the case of the female species not being the lowest stage of evolution, the baby will be that species but at the lowest stage of evolution (excluding incense breeding) e.g., a male Jigglypuff and a female Clefairy will produce a Cleffa.
- In the case of incense breeding, female Wobbuffets will produce Wobbufffets unless they are holding Lax Incense, in which case they will produce Wynaut. The same goes for female Marill/Azumarill, which will produce Azurill when holding a Sea Incense.
- In the case of Genderless or Male Pokemon breeding with a Ditto, the offspring will always be Ditto’s partner and never a baby Ditto. Genderless Pokemon breeding is currently bugged and will always produce the non-Genderless Pokemon species.
- In the case of gay hookup sites two same sex Pokemon, an egg will never be produced.
- In the case of two Pokemon of different egg groups, an egg will never be produced.
This is quite different from what we were expecting. There are several different categories of moves, each with different rules. One rule that is universal, is that if the baby of the species cannot learn the move, it will not be inherited. For example, Vaporeon can learn the TM Water Pulse, but Eevee cannot.
Here’s a link
These are the moves that a Pokemon will learn naturally when leveling up. These moves are inherited under the condition that both parents know the move. This means Ditto is incapable of passing species moves, because it can learn no moves. For example, Heracross will learn Megahorn at level 53. If a Male Heracross with Megahorn is bred with a Female Heracross with Megahorn, then the resulting baby Heracross would have Megahorn. This also applies to cross breeding. In order for a Female Heracross and a Male Rhydon to produce a baby Heracross with Megahorn, both the Female Heracross and the Male Rhydon must know Megahorn.
Egg moves, on the other hand, must only be known by the Male Pokemon. In order to get an Eevee with Wish, for example, you must breed a Female Eevee (so that the baby is an Eevee) with a compatible Male (see Egg Groups) that knows Wish. The least amount of generations would require a Male Smeargle that has sketched Wish. An enormous difference in PokeMMO is the fact that all Egg Moves from Generation II-V can be inherited, as long as the move existed in Generation III . For example, it was not until Generation IV that a Koffing could inherit the move Curse as an Egg Move. In PokeMMO, we are able to pass this group of moves, giving us a very unique metagame. When using Ditto, a Male must be used to pass the Egg Moves. Even though Ditto is considered the Mother when bred with a Female, the Female doesn’t become the “father”.